Our mission at Environics Trust is to evolve innovative and evidence based solutions to the problems of community development that respond to the diversity and complexity of specific eco-systems and socio-political-cultural environments.
“Environics” implies the study of the influence of the environment on human behaviour. At Environics Trust, we interpret the term “Environics” more comprehensively as the mutual influences of environment and social behaviour and attempt to explore this critical area through our programmes focused on different communities we work with.
Evolution of Environics Trust
Years of work in the mountain areas through our Academy for Mountain Environics and demand for action elsewhere has enabled us to evolve into the Environics Trust with the following objectives:
- To conduct research and development on environmental issues and human behavioural aspects;
- To implement programmes for community development;
- To promote art and culture, innovate and implement technical and institutional designs for an integrated development of the society;
- To assist, guide local governments, state and central government and international agencies in their development efforts;
- To provide assistance to communities to redress injustices and uphold their rights;
- To diffuse useful, educational, literacy, social, academic, professional and other knowledge;
- To apply results from scientific research for protecting local and global environment;
- To promote Environics as a discipline converging various subjects related to environmental sciences and human behaviour.
Environics Trust continues its activities in the Himalayan mountains and now reaches out to other communities such as Mining affected communities, marginalized communities, disaster affected communities such as coastal communities and the displaced communities.